Pages

The Barrie RoadRunners

Monday, May 14, 2007

Great video

The following is an article I found on a couple of facebook sights, watch the video. It's very inspiring and I would love to see the full documentary when it is released.


Dear runners,I am a documentary filmmaker producing a documentary on the decline of marathon running in the UK. One interesting fact is that during one season in 1985, 102 British men ran under 2 hours 20 mins. To date this year with the main event the London Marathon having past, this number stands at just 2.To really understand your subject as a filmmaker I wanted to totally commit myself in the project to see how far the average guy (myself) could progress in a two year period. Project outline http://www.theroadtobeijing.co.uk/trtb-documentary.htm I am currently conducting some research into the reasons behind this massive decline. Please feel free to give me your views.To watch the 5 mins video of how I have got onto date click on the link below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7yG4tImGd0For regular updates on the documentary please join “The Road to Beijing” Facebook group.Good luck with the training and races.Best wishesAlex Vero

1 comment:

  1. Great video, Looks like Alex has great potential. Hopefully the tv show will portray him as a role model to an aspiring younger generation. I wonder why the rate of 2:20 marathoners has dropped off so significantly? Is there a void in the school curriculum or a lack of athletic associations to entice the young talent? Looking forward to seeing the whole show.

    ReplyDelete

 
Free counter and web stats