Pages

The Barrie RoadRunners

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

just a little about Ultras

Hi Runners, Jamie here. This past summer my friends Kevin O'Neil & Keith Lascelles introduced me to "Ultras". Well it was an introduction actually to Ultra X Extreme running. We ran Jay's Peak in Vermont. Talk about 53Km of Fun? I'm hooked. Since then I have purchased myself proper Trail Runners and been scurrying the web devouring information about Ultra Marathons. It would appear from this rookie's vantage point that Ultras in the U.S. is huge sport with a huge following. In Canada, not as popular. Why ? I'm trying to answer that riddle. I like to leave you with a few web sites to check out. www.ACU100k.com (Association of Canadian Ultra Marathons). www.Journeyheretohere.com (an ultra race also called Ghost Town in New Mexico that has 28 spots left and is taking place on January 18, 2009). When you check this race out, you have to click on the course map. I love it. www.planetmarathon.worldpress.com (an interesting blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free counter and web stats