Pages

The Barrie RoadRunners

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Race Season is Upon Us

Yes the race season is starting and we have a number of events this weekend.
Some RoadRunners are or already have travelled long distances to get to their races. Roger Ison is in the Big Easy for the Rock n ROll New Orleans Marathon on Sunday morning, good luck Roger, not that you need it.
Alan Hewson is Tampa Bay to run the 10th and last Gasparilla Marathon. This race is being discontinued for some reason and will only be run as a half marathon in the future. Speaking of the half marathon, we have Lisa Thurlow and Cindy Marcelli will be running the half marathon.
Closer to home, the 32nd Annual Peterborough half will take place on Sunday and our own Jamie Nielsen will be making his annual pilgrimage to run this event.
Also on Sunday is the 17th annual Grimsby Half marathon. I know of 3 RoadRunners taking part Samantha Furlong, Tracy Maclean and Joan Van Hilten. Good luck to all.
If I've missed any one let my know.

1 comment:

  1. Although I'm not sure if I'm an official member (I joined the FB group)- I'm in the Vancouver BMO half on May 2nd. Doug Cochrane, Thornton.

    ReplyDelete

 
Free counter and web stats