Pages

The Barrie RoadRunners

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sulphur Springs Ultra






Feels great to have finished 50 MILES. It was a great day, very hot and not much air movement in the trails. It was tough to do 4 laps at 20k each as the day got hotter so I really had to slow it down if I was to finish. There was Kevin,Catherine,Keith and myself doing the 50 miler, Bill and Chris doing the 50k, and Tracy and Lorna doing the 25K. The course was well shaded in most areas and had its share of hills including 2 biggies; one that was steep and long, but the hardest one was called the Gulch, it was like about 3 winding Dundonald hills together..ouch! I am gratefull to all my running friends for all the years of advice, support, and training with them.
I certainly had lots of time to think out there, over 12 hours!
Congratulations to everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free counter and web stats